-=PCTechTalk=- Re: winpatrol asking me about a program

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:25:29 -0500

It's not enough to tell Outlook to not be the default.  You need to tell
Windows to mke OE your default.  You can do that by going to Start and
looking around the middle of the right side for an item called "Set Program
Access & Defaults".  If it's not there, you'll need to add it by right
clicking on the Start button and selecting Properties.  when the Propsheet
opens, go to Start tab > Customize and then Advanced.  Scroll almost to the
bottom of the list and place a check next to that item.  OK your way out and
you'll find it there on your Start menu.

Click on "Set Program Access & Defaults" and then on the word Custom.  Go
through the list and make sure you select the items that you really want to
use as the defaults for anything that's not already set properly.  If you
NEVER want the other program to be involved in anything you do, uncheck the
box next to that item that says "Enable access to this program".  OK your
way out and your computing life should get much easier.

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org