-=PCTechTalk=- Re: winmx

  • From: "Lee Rhodes" <lenella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:24:31 -0700

One other reason (as I have been very guilty of setting my uploads low) is
because when I had it set so 3 or 4 could upload and I would find that I
needed to turn my machine off...to restart of what ever.  I would be down to
one uploader and every time I would have someone want to start a new upload
I would send them a message that I was having to shut my machine
down......they would either not read their message or ignore it and each
time I would end the upload they would start it again. To the point of
ridiculousness! I had to wait for the person that was well into the upload
to finish before I would shut it down as I never would shut down
(intentionally) on someone that was 1/3 more into an upload. And the whole
time I would have to sit here and keep denying these people that would not
read the message I sent.  Now I have it set to 1 upload at a time...this way
I can control it. Otherwise I would  allow more. I also have a dial up
account which makes a big difference in how fast these uploads (downloads
too) go.  What really ticks me is when I'm almost done and someone shuts
their machine off!  I have to keep reminding myself that it could be a power
outage, equipment failure  or emergency.....I'd hate to think that there are
that many just plain rude people out there.
Lee Rhodes  lenella@xxxxxxxxxxx