-=PCTechTalk=- Re: win xp - purchase

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:16:27 -0400

Thanks!
wow!! great price!! I'm not a student though - and don't have access to a
school. Unless - a college book store - would they sell it? you'd need a student
ID though, I suppose. I might ask my daughter's high school if they have any way
to offer it. I know you should be able to buy msWORD that way - or OFFICE that
way, also.

My dell is out of warrenty. Actually though, I have xp on a separate hard drive
on here, and kept my winME - to keep my warrenty. My friend who ordered thru
dell, was able to keep her warrenty intact with xp, because she ordered thru
dell.

we have our winME cd - from the old (this)computer. I also have my win 98 cd
from the previous computer. So having a cd shouldn't be a problem. The original
operating system didn't need to be installed on the system to use the upgrade
xp.
Cris