-=PCTechTalk=- Re: wacom products

Well great for you Judith..I envy your talent!

I have a Wacom tablet also.

And Yes I love the freedom it gives you.  It does have a learning
curve..but...  you it is NOT long...and you will think the mouse is very
clunky!

I also started  with computers before Windows 3.1.  I was a DOS lover but
have to admit..I am a tech junkie..so when something new came I had to try
it.  lol!  Still do!

Well, I was working them and could afford the toys...now I am medically
retired..so I have to be a bit more careful... This tablet is a must in my
mind for anyone who uses PSP or Photoshop or any type of graphics programs
including web page graphics development.

I use to do End User Tech Support..and when I got us the first PC based
network system, I gave eveyone Solitaire to use to get use to the mouse.  I
left it active ont he computer network....with a couple of other games...for
about 3 months.  After that,  I shut the games directory down..and it could
only be accessed between noon and 2 PM.  I told them that up front... and it
was a good thing...as folks wanted to play all day!

Today, while my signature is not very legible on the Wacom tablet... neither
is my real one...lol!  Mine is still a bit jerky, but, I did not have the
tablet hooked up for a couple of months..so I am back to re-learning it...
not so much learing to use it as learning the feel and control of it again.

I bought mine from the www.wacom.com site and went to the refurbished
section and bought mine from there.  It was a bit cheaper..and it works just
fine.
I have windows XP.  I had the tablet before XP was out... but..they updated
the drivers for XP..so I am fine.  Oh! Mine is a Graphire... I am no pro and
do not think I need the bigger more expensive ones...plus.... it's small
size is a plus for me.

As somone else explained, very well I might add, is the pen is used just
like the mouse. The mouse pad is not as big as your screen and neither is
the tablet.  They eye hand coordination is what it takes the training in.
You already know everything else...

Wacom, from those I have talked to ... seems to be the 'standard' in
tablets.  The standard in store price is just under $100.00 but you can look
for sales.  Again, I bought mine from Wacom.

Hugs,
Rose