-=PCTechTalk=- Re: virtual memory too low

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 18:07:10 -0400

hmmmm - mine is set to 230- mb
Thanks!
Cris

----- Original Message -----
From: cristy
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 5:45 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: virtual memory too low

HI Cris,

Not sure if you are having the same thing I did, but it
seems like I had to
right click on "My Computer", go to properties, then click
on "advanced",
then where is says "Performance" click on "settings" and
then on "advanced",
then at the bottom where it said "virtual memory" I clicked
on "change" and
set my number to maximum size of 1700, my initial size says
800.  then I
clicked on "set" and on "ok" that worked for me.  Sounds
like I had theh
problem you did, but I am not 100 percent positive.  You can
try it if you
want and see.

christy