-=PCTechTalk=- Re: transfer files from one computer to another

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:05:44 -0500

Cris,
If she has a Hotmail, an MSN mail account or a MSN Passport, she has
space to upload files which can be downloaded later.  Yahoo also has
space.  Yahoo calls it a Briefcase.  I can't remember what Microsoft
calls theirs.  This might be worth getting a free Yahoo or Hotmail
account just for the storage space.  I use both to back up files too,
besides transferring from one machine to anther.  If both machines have
USB she can get pen drive (thumb drive, USB storage unit, whatever they
are being called these days).  I think though the cable idea someone else
mentioned might be the easiest way using the software that comes with it.
 Does the new machine have XP?  XP provides an utility to transfer files
also.  I think it can be used with floppies.  I would imagine that
Adelphia does have web space.  Most ISPs do.  She might want to open a
free account at Juno or NetZero.  Juno has web space with the free
account and I imagine that NetZero does too since both are owned by
United Online.
Dave

From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: transfer files from one computer to another
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:00:33 -0500

no - she has adelphia - I doubt they have web space -
Thanks for the idea though! I wonder if other ISP's have space to
upload...
Cris