-=PCTechTalk=- Re: transfer files from one computer to another

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:38:36 -0800

Hi Cris,
there is a free program called Dropload;

Dropload
http://www.dropload.com/
Ever wanted to send a big file to someone but can't because of the file size
limits your email provider imposes?
Dropload is a place for you to drop your files off and have them picked up
by someone else at a later time.
Recipients you specify are sent an email with instructions on how to
download the file.
Files are removed from the system after 48 hours, regardless if they have
been picked up or not.
Recipients can be anyone with an email address.
File limits are 50 megs.

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

On 09/01/2004 at 12:16 PM cris wrote:

My sister FINALLY bought a new computer!! yipee!!=20
so now - she wants to transfer files from the old one to the new one - =
like favorites, e-mail (outlook) etc.=20
Her old computer doesn't have a usb port and doesn't have a cd burner. =
She wouldn't have the faintest idea or ability to take the burner from =
the new one to the old one, so that isn't an option. the old computer is =
sooooo old, it might not even be able to be done. =20

does anyone have any ideas on how she can do this? I suggested e-mailing =
some files to herself - and if she knew anyone with a web site that she =
could upload files to, and then to download them to her new computer - =
that's all I could come up with.=20

I was looking thru old posts trying to find the web addy for the =
microsoft windows downloads so she can get them before she goes online - =
but here again, she'd have to be able to transfer them to the new =
computer. I found Beverly's e-mail about SPANDISK. So far, I haven't =
found that web site url e-mail  - or any other suggestions - but realize =
that this question was sort of asked not long ago by Lacy - but she =
wasn't trying to transfer files to another computer.=20

so! any help or suggestions is appreciated! and if anyone can come up =
with that microsoft update url quickly, that would be great too!!=20

Thanks!!=20
crisS