-=PCTechTalk=- Re: test

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 23:10:55 -0400

Troth.......
Let me add a clarification.  When Poco sends a message "styled", it
really sends it as an HTML.  Doing so allows styled letters (bold,
different fonts, emoticon symbols, etc.) as well as stationary. etc.
Freelists won't allow anything but text messages so when it receives a
"styled" message, it converts it to text.  When that happens, certain
attributes of the original message are converted to symbols like the
"=" sign.  The same, exact thing happens with Incredimail - hence all
the extraneous characters when we receive a post on Freelists from
Incredimail.

The good thing is Poco will allow you to send both styled & text
messages at once.....you aren't even aware of it once you set it.
Then those who can receive styled see styled......and freelists and
strictly text programs see the proper message in text.

  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
---------------------------------
Wednesday, 10/1/2003, @ 11:02:44 PM EST
---------------------------------
You don't learn to hold your own in the world by standing on guard,
but by attacking, and getting well-hammered yourself.

-- George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950

|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|:0:|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:05:08 -0400, ~OoO~ wrote:
   | The new Pocomail that Keyboard recommended and I'm now using has
   | 3 ways of sending messages... PLAIN, STYLED and PLAIN&STYLED. If
   | it goes STYLED, as I was originally sending it, it gives the "="
   | sign. If it goes any of the other two ways (of which I use P&S
   | now), then it comes through fine.
   | By the way... this Pocomail rocks. You know, I really liked
   | Eudora, but the few things that Eudora was annoying me with (and
   | I stress "few") Pocomail has nipped it on the butt.
   |

   | So, to make a long story short, glad I figured it out.
   |

   | ---Troth
   |

   | On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:34:15 -0500, SandiBeach wrote:
   |
   |   | And what exactly was the problem?  Just curious.  Sandi  ---
   |   | -- Original Message -----  From: "~OoO~"
   |   | <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   |   | Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 1:19 PM  Subject: -
   |   | =PCTechTalk=- Re: test
   |   |
   |   |
   |   | Well... I think I found my "=" problem.
   |   | :-)
   |   | Sorry for the annoying messages guys.
   |   |
   |   |
   |   | ---Troth
   |   |
   |   |
   |   | To unsub or change your email settings:
   |   | //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
   |   |
   |   |
   |   | To access our Archives: