-=PCTechTalk=- Re: test

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 19:40:34 -0700

I feel for everyone having Vista problems.  I am confident they will work
out.  Good Luck MagicK
It is a long learning curve I think.... :)
I do like it.... it is just growing/changes pains...mostly.... for me.....

I THINK my problem may NOT be Vista... but I am not sure.

I cannot go to some websites.  What is funny, is one of the websites, is
www.frys.com.
That is the company that MADE and SOLD my computer to me. lol!  I told them
that in the Fry's store the other day and they were laughing too!

Of course, they blame it on Vista.  They blame everything on Vista.
I am NOT saying Vista does not have its problems, but some things are NOT
Vista's fault.

I had an IRQ problem they blamed on Vista...until I finally got them to fix
it and they are the ones who put the components in the machine!

This problem is driving me nuts in that I can be on a site..and go to
another page on the site and get an unable to display page, page not found
error.
I have my Sony machine next to me and it shows clearly there, so my internet
connection is working and so is the page.

If that were the only anomaly, I would say..hey Rose it is a setting in
Windows...but, I may be able to see the page...and it is working fine..and
then all of a sudden, the page goes away and I get a Page not found...etc.
screen!  Sometimes, if I press the back arrow, the page comes back and is
fine, sometimes it does not come back, sometimes it comes back and a few
seconds/minutes later, to go to the page not found.....

I cannot find any rhyme or reason for this to occur.  If anything about this
error is consistent..it is that it is totally inconsistent.

I am also trying to figure out how to CLONE my C: to my second drive so I
can then go in the bios and change the order of the drives.  (my C: is 400
Gb and my second drive is 160 GB.  I want the 160 GB to be my C:)

Rose
Las Vegas