-=PCTechTalk=- Re: start up monitor - windows update

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:11:32 +0100

On 28 Apr 2005 at 9:02, Cris wrote:
> I use Start Up Monitor on my computer.
> Now - I can't find it to make changes! I could have sworn it
> was in control panel!
>
> Does anyone use it? or use a similar program that they like?

Hey, Cris,

Sure, I use one. Mine is just a Windows Process, and I can stop it at
any time through Windows Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del). Yours is
probably similar.

(There's also a link to shut mine down in Start >> Programs)

> Has anyone recently done the windows update?
> I got a ton of things wanting to run at start up - and I
> said no. then I realized it was most likely the windows
> update, as I was updating at the time. Now - I'm concerned
> that since I said no - they probably need to run at start
> up, and I messed my computer up. Figure - if I disable start
> up monitor, they will start - but I need to find it.

Doubt you've messed up anything. Just shutdown through Task Manager,
go to Windows Update again and re-download. When you reboot, your
Startup Monitor will start up again.

> make sense? or am I just rambling?

Sakes mense mo tee.

Faustus