-=PCTechTalk=- Re: stack overflow

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 00:53:08 +0100

> Faustus
> Here is something for you on XP. Hope it helps.
> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/vulnwatch/2004-q3/0007.html

> http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2005/0461
> http://www.idefense.com/application/poi/display?id=230&type=vulnerabil
> ities&flashstatus=true
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/~regehr/stacktool/

Some fantastic links, there, Bob - and a great explanation of the
topic; many thanks.

> Stack overflow is also a technique that hackers use to get info from
> your machine or access to your machine.

This is the worrying aspect about this particular poster's problem. I
would imagine that with XP's improved memory management, legitimate
stack overflow errors are far less frequent than they used to be. Add
to that the fact that the error is occuring in Internet Explorer...

It would be nice to hear from Lyn, to find out if she took any steps
to resolve the error.

Faustus