-=PCTechTalk=- Re: "runsearch" invasion...

  • From: Drummer <drummers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:41:33 -0400

Re the "runsearch" invasion... The below links to ??? tell me absolutely
nothing. (But then, I'm not a computer programmer..)

If "runsearch" is a virus, worm, trojan, as you say, how come Norton,
Spybot, AdAware, comes up with nothing on it? Too new for them?
greywoulf

From: "nightsneak1" <nightsneak1@xxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: "runsearch" invasion!!
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:30:59 -0400

This is interesting!

Take a look at these links and tell us what you have been up to, or where
you have been...LOL

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip93.html

http://www.xefteri.com/articles/apr192002/default.aspx

It also pulls up many college sites for it's uses. If it is actually a
virus, worm, trojan, etc., it may very well be that you are one of the first
to find an exploited use for it.

Interesting.

nightsneak