-=PCTechTalk=- Re: registry jumper 2.0 disregard other one

  • From: DavisUnit <davist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:24:38 -0300

Lyn, I downloaded and tried that registry jumper program, and would recommend
ignoring it totally, and go directly to the registry through the
Start/Run/regedit method.  This is where you ultimately end up when you use
registry jumper anyway.
Once in there, you will see the same main entries in the left window as you see
within registry jumper.

To be specific, when you are in regedit, click the + sign next to
Hkey_Classes_Root (HKCR) to open it.
Go down till you find CLSID and click the + sign next to it to open.
Go down till you find (58C2B4D0-46E7-11D1-89AC-00A0C9054129) and click the +
sign next to it, then highlight InprocServer32.
Now over in the right window, you will see the ThreadingModel1 entry, so
double-click it to edit, and change it to "Both" then click OK.
You've just made the proper change necessary, so just repeat this method for
the other 2 entries.  Just be absolutely sure that you are editing the proper
entries.

Terry