-=PCTechTalk=- Re: reformating hard drive

  • From: "Bob Crews" <rec46@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:59:04 -0600

When I do a defrag or scan disk I always shut everything down as well as
shut down every process that is running all the time except for the ones
that's needed to keep my pc going so a defrag can in fact be done.  I had 98
before I had winXP and I noticed right off that there are many things winXP
has that 98 didn't have.  The one thing 98 had that I can not seem to find
on winXP is the back up.  I really don't think there is one since as I said
before, I've done a search of my PC for a back up and it showed no back up
being on winXP.

When I do any maintenance to my system I always turn off the screen savers
and any other program or running process that can conflict with it or can
cause the service I'm performing to keep starting all over from scratch
again.

Do you know if "End it all" works on winXP?  If so, could you please tell me
where I can find it?

Thanks,
Bob