-=PCTechTalk=- Re: re-ask- rephrase

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:58:26 -0400

I am using Outlook express 6.0  and Internet explorer.
I used AVG on my last computer, before I put winXP on it.
I feel it is important for e-mails to be scanned for every e-mail account on
my system. So many viruses come in through e-mails. and especially since it
is my daughter and son on the other identities - and my hubby! who is not
that knowledgeable.
I've not had a problem with my Norton scanning all identities on my last
computer. Norton is still on it. My daughter will eventually get that
computer.
Cris - see specs below:

ok - I have winXP
An AMD Athlon processor - 3200+ 2.20 GHZ
1 GB of Ram
181 gb free out of 186  on my hard drive - it is actually a 200 gb HD

Here - From Belarc Advisor:
Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Processor:
2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Drives:
200.04 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
194.93 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

_NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

ST3200822AS [Hard drive] (200.05 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 3LJ1W2YT, rev 3.01,
SMART Status: Healthy

Main Circuit Board:
Board: http://www.abit.com.tw/ NF7II series(Nvidia nForce-MCP2S) v0.1
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 06/21/2004

Memory Modules:
1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' is Empty
Slot 'A1' has 512 MB