-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pen/thumb drives

Hi Cristy,
I have a couple I use just like regular drives.
I'm able to read open and move files and photos between them and the=
 computers.

I had Family Tree Maker at one time and it would only open their files with=
 FTM

Mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 10/29/2005 at 9:40 PM cristy wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a question about pen/thumb drives.  I know you can transfer files
from your computer onto them and then load them on another computer
somewhere.  My question is should I be able to open up the file/any file
after putting it on the thumb drive while the drive is still connected to
my
computer.  In other words, to check and make sure if got on the thumb drive=

okay.  I tried doing that with a family tree maker file and it would not
open although it appeared to be on the thumb drive.  Did this all while it
was plugged into my usb port. Does the program have to be on the thumb
drive
to open the file?

thanks,
christy