-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pctechtalk WASTED BANDWIDTH

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:27:27 -0400

It says so on Symentec's web site where it discusses the problem. I'm
trusting them to be telling me the truth!! LOL

My cable company does nothing at this point that I'm aware of for viruses.
However, they change things like that all of the time. I did not receive the
onslaught
of viruses into my computer that I anticipated - I didn't (knock on wood)
receive it
once! so maybe my cable company did finally put a filter for viruses on. I know
they finally
put a spam filter on. It filters about .01% of the spam!! LOL They told me they
aren't legally
allowed to filter any more than they do. they get an official list they have to
go by. I had an
interesting discussion with the tech about their list and how it is made up and
what comes thru.
CrisS