-=PCTechTalk=- Re: on 98SE about MEMORY

Your ram is used automatically when needed.
All of it may not be in use at one time, and in other situations, all of it may
be consumed, and the system then has to rely on your hard drive to simulate ram.
Not exactly sure what you mean by "reset memory to zero" but there is an
excellent little program out there called FreeRamXPpro
(http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10070530.html) which might interest you, and
is compatible with win9x.  The blurb states:

"FreeRAM XP Pro is an application that frees and defragments your computer's
RAM (Random Access Memory). Oftentimes, other applications may hog or
incorrectly use RAM, which decreases your computer's performance. FreeRAM XP
Pro frees this RAM so your computer can run faster and more smoothly. The need
to reboot is also less frequent."

Terry