-=PCTechTalk=- Re: office org

  • From: "Larry Southerland" <larrysoutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 22:58:13 -0400

I hope that this helps.

=20

You can try http://www.openoffice.org to get the download for the =
freeware
version of an Office-style clone.  However, there are other - and =
possibly
better -- options.

=20

For example, Ability Software makes an M$ Office compatible package that =
is
really inexpensive (check out www.softwareoutlet.com
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/> ).

=20

BUT I cannot suggest Wordperfect Office X4 any more highly than I do.  I =
own
"legit" copies of every version of M$ office going back to Office 95 =
(e.g.,
97, 2000, XP (2002), 2003 and 2007), but I still use Wordperfect for =
most of
my computing tasks.  You can get an OEM copy from www.softwareoutlet.com
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/>  for not much green:

=20

http://www.softwareoutlet.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=3DPROD
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=3DPROD&Produ=
ct_Co
de=3Dr2443&Category_Code=3DBRND-004&Product_Count=3D10>
&Product_Code=3Dr2443&Category_Code=3DBRND-004&Product_Count=3D10

=20

It reads and writes dozens of file formats, including =
Word/Excel/Powerpoint,
etc.

=20

If you JUST HAVE TO HAVE WORD, here's your best deal:

=20

http://www.softwareoutlet.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=3DPROD
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=3DPROD&Store=
_Code
=3DS&Product_Code=3D7678&Category_Code=3DBUS>
&Store_Code=3DS&Product_Code=3D7678&Category_Code=3DBUS

=20

It has Word 2002 (XP) as well as a copy of Works 8, plus a ton of other
useful program.

=20

 <http://www.softwareoutlet.com/index.php?loc=3Dlegit>
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/index.php?loc=3Dlegit>
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/index.php?loc=3Dlegit> Here at
SoftwareOutlet.com, we take software piracy very seriously! Legitimate
Microsoft Software is NOT available for Download. If you purchase =
Microsoft
Software from an offshore company that offers you a downloadable version =
of
Microsoft Software OR a "backup" disc, you can be sure it is NOT GENUINE
Microsoft product.=20

All of OUR Microsoft Programs are 100% legitimate & genuine products. =
This
includes Microsoft
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/mini/Microsoft-Office.html>  Office,
Microsoft operating systems, and all other Microsoft
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/mini/Microsoft-Office-Software.html>  =
Office
Software. Do you really want to purchase a bootleg download from Romania =
or
some random company?=20

If you have any questions regarding the legitimacy of these statements,
please contact Microsoft at Piracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or 1-800-RULEGIT.

=20

=20

 <http://www.softwareoutlet.com/index.php?loc=3Dresellers> Microsoft =
Volume
discounts! Call Now!

 <http://www.softwareoutlet.com/index.php?loc=3Dshipping#next> Order by =
2 PM
PST for same-day shipping!

Customer IP:  70.157.91.217

        =20

Product Info:   Description
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/BUS/p-7678.html#disc>   |   Related
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/BUS/p-7678.html#related>  Products  |
System <http://www.softwareoutlet.com/BUS/p-7678.html#sys_req>  =
Requirements
|   Screen Shots <http://www.softwareoutlet.com/BUS/p-7678.html#screens> =

  _____ =20

=20

Description=20

=20

With something for everyone in your home, Works Suite 2006 is the ideal
combination of six great software titles in one affordable package.
Microsoft Works Suite 2006 includes a full version of Microsoft Word =
along
with easy-to-use tools for getting organized, tracking personal =
finances,
planning trips, editing and sharing digital photos, and interactive
learning.=20

Works Suite 2006 compiles six easy-to-use tools into one great suite. =
It's
got something for everyone - whether you need to create personal or
professional documents, improve your business' productivity or alter =
your
digital photos. All the tools you need to get out of life are collected
here, in one convenient place. Streets & Trips Essentials 2006 has all =
the
tools you need to customize road trips cross-town or cross-country=20

Features:=20

*       Microsoft Word 2002: Create professional-quality documents with the
best-selling* word-processing software for home, school and work.=20
*       Works 8: Your everyday tasks become easier to start, do, and finish
with these essential home productivity tools.=20
*       New! Money 2006 Standard: Track all your financial information in
one convenient place so you can spend less time worrying about your =
money
and more time enjoying it.=20
*       New! Digital Image Standard 2006: All the easy-to-use tools you need
to organize, enhance and share your digital photos.=20
*       New! Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2006: The trusted and complete
information resource that makes learning feel more like discovering. =
Find
accurate and up-to-date information quickly and easily.=20
*       New! Streets & Trips Essentials 2006: Driving directions are only
the beginning. Plan your trip your way, with all the tools you need to
customize road trips cross-town or cross-country.=20

  _____ =20

=20

System Requirements=20

*  PC with a Pentium 700 MHz or higher.=20

*  Windows=C2=AE 98 Second Edition, Windows ME, Windows 2000 SP3, =
Windows XP
Home or Professional Edition, or later.The latest service packs are
recommended. Encarta=C2=AE Standard 2006 only supported on Windows 2000 =
SP4 and
Windows XP and later.=20

*  128 MB of RAM for Windows 98 Second Edition or Windows ME. 256 MB of =
RAM
for Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows XP Home or Professional Edition.
Applications running simultaneously may require additional memory.=20

*  1520 MB of available hard disk space for a typical installation. Up =
to an
additional 275 MB of hard disk space may be required on the hard disk =
where
the operating system is installed for Word 2002. A complete install =
requires
minimum of 3.1 GB of hard disk space.=20

*  Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 software. Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
Service Pack 1 is included. This installation will not replace your =
primary
browser. This installation may take up to 65 MB additional hard disk =
space.=20

*  DVD-ROM drive.=20

*  16-bit color monitor supporting 800 x 600 or higher resolution.=20

*  4 MB or more video memory.=20

*  56-Kbps modem required for Internet connectivity and MSN=C2=AE =
services.=20

*  Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse=C2=AE, or compatible pointing =
device.

*  16-bit sound card with speakers or headphones.=20

*  Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 requires an additional 160 MB of =
hard-disk
space.=20

*  Encarta Encyclopedia Standard Copy to Hard Drive feature requires up =
450 MB of additional available hard-disk space.=20

  _____ =20

=20

=20

Microsoft Works Suite 2006 DVD (OEM)=20

*All other items are Full Hologram CD's for 1 User License.=20

This is an OEM package and does not contain manuals or technical =
support.=20

*Please understand the difference
<http://www.softwareoutlet.com/soldas.htm#diff>  between our OEM CD =
w/Key
vs. OEM CD w/COA products. Customers are responsible for their =
purchases.
SoftwareOutlet.com will not provide refunds(monetary), only replacements =
for
what is purchased.=20

*No returns will be accepted on products with visible key codes=20

What <http://www.softwareoutlet.com/index.php?loc=3Dfaq#PQ4>  is OEM?=20

=20

=20

=20