-=PCTechTalk=- Re: off topic/ PA system question (sound) monitors not working

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 01:52:57 -0400

Hi Don,

Unfortunetly, was not alot of training and other people who should not have
messed with the system have.  Things were working fine. Nothing is muted.
Mic is turned on.  I hear the mic and CD player through the main speakers.
The volume control that used to control the main volume does nothing now up
or down.  I use the "trim" for vol. on the mic and a separate vol for CD
volume.  The button I used to use to cut monitor volume up does nothing and
there is nothing coming out of the mo nitors anyways.  They are plugged in
where they should be where it says "monitors" under the plug where the main
speakers are plugged in.  I also have the cables from monitors, one to the
other and one to the main system.

I dont think it is a malfunction in the system.  The guys I purchased the
system from will not help by phone anymore since has been awhile since we
bought system, no more free tech help.

I think it is a plug or a button.  Just makes me mad someone messed with the
buttons, but even  madder I cant remember what the plug or setting should
be.  I need all four speakers, working.  I noticed the cordless mic now will
not cut up as loud as the other mic that uses a cord.  There are alot of
settings but Im fairly familiar with many of them or so I thought.  There is
a loose plug in the back, a few but one that might do something.  I will try
that next week.  Some stay loose and are not usually plugged anywhere.

Thanks,
christy