-=PCTechTalk=- Re: new problem

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:08:55 -0400

You did rather well at describing the problem, ML.  I know exactly what
you're talking about and hope my reply is as clear as your description.

The bottom taskbar has a feature that 'locks' everything in place.  This
lock is off on yours.  At some point, you accidentally clicked the mouse
button while hovering over or just moving past the leading 'bar' of one of
your taskbar elements.  While the mouse button was depressed, the mouse
moved just enough to 'unhook' that one element from where it was and drop it
onto the same line as the one it's now sharing.  Clear as mud, huh?

The 'fix' is to grab the leading bar of the Quick Launch element and drag it
to the very top of the entire Taskbar.  When you get within a pixel or two
of the top of that bar, you'll see the two elements separate and take up one
full line of the overall bar instead of sharing the same line.  It's a
tricky manuever, so you might hear it taunting you a bit the first time you
try it.  If you find it impossible to fix it, we'll set up a remote and I'll
try it from here (I was probably the person that set it up originally).

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

"The entire future of humankind is yet to be written"