-=PCTechTalk=- Re: new member, questions....

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:33:04 -0600

As near as I can tell on this list, all interested in computers are welcome
as long as they aren't obnoxious and they send money to the other list
members.

Awwww, okay, you can be obnoxious once.

And you can just send the money to me.  (Sorry guys and gals.)

;)

Welcome.

~~~~~~~~~

On 12/4/2002 at 9:54 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Cerulean
was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  Hi David, and all who answered......
          |      Thanks for the response!  Much appreciated.   There is a
          |  good computer place here in town that will build one to ones'
          |  own specs, but wouldn't that turn out costing as much or more
          |  for a Dell?  I'm not quite comfortable with building my own at
          |  this point.     By the way, am I on the right list, or should
          |  I be at some other lower level list?
          |  thanks,
          |  Nanne
          |
          |   "David J. Weaver" <weaverdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          |    3. I've built and I've bought. I prefer built because it
          |  truly is your
          |  machine that way. It is something that you have spec'd out,
          |  and built it
          |  with your own hands. It might cost a little more, but in my
          |  eyes it's worth
          |  it. And if you go this route, you'll definitely need that XP
          |  disc that I
          |  told you to hold on to. If you buy, you really can't beat a
          |  DELL for a
          |  desktop system. And look around the net for coupons that may
          |  offer free
          |  upgrades or price reduction. Now if you want a full featured
          |  laptop, that's
          |  a different story. I would recommend Sager Notebooks
          |  (http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.html). These things are
          |  incredible, and
          |  you can spec them however you want inlcuding your OS.
          |
          |  Dave

*******
All the preceding is solely my own opinion not necessarily held by any
other person in any other place at any other time.  No warranty express or
implied.  Author takes no responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of
this or any rebutttal information.  If you do not agree with this post,
please click delete and move on.