-=PCTechTalk=- Re: new member, questions....

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:40:52 -0800

Hi Nanne,
welcome to the group.
Here are a couple of good tutorial sites for building your own computer;

http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/Build.htm
Introduction
Buying compatible components for a PC, assembling them correctly, installing
an operating system, and getting it to run properly is becoming easier all
the time as the components become more and more integrated and easy to
install.
++ There is more on the web site.
~~~
Build It: Tips and Tools to Get Started
By  Loyd Case

Building your own system can be either a very satisfying experience, or a
very frustrating one. Whether it's fun or frustrating has more to do with
what you do before you actually start the assembly process, rather than the
act of building. In this article, I'm going to share some tips, and show you
some of the tools we use around here for building our systems.
++
~~~

I hope this helps

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 04/12/2002 at 11:52 AM Cerulean wrote:

Thanks for the welcome, Glen, and the info.
      Is it very difficult to, say, start out with a Dell, and then
gradually upgrade the system when one has learned further how to do it?
Or is Dell put together as such that this would be difficult to do?
     I'm a very visual learner and could probably put my own together if I
knew someone I could sit down and watch how it is done.
     Does anyone here know of any sites out there that has visual
instructions on how to do this?
thanks again,
Nanne