-=PCTechTalk=- Re: .net 3.5 update??

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 21:09:57 -0500

Hi Sandy,
    Taking time out for YOU is never a bad thing.      :)

    The .NET 3.5 update is listed as a High Priority update when you use the
Windows Update site, but it's been pushed out to folks through that shield
you mentioned for folks who have WU set to not do its thing automatically.
There are still issues with it on some folk's systems and the full
update/upgrade to 3.0 & 3.5 just isn't necessary for folks who don't have
either of those two versions already installed.  So, my advice has and
continues to be "Deselect it and tell WU to not ask you about it again when
asked".  If there comes a time where you actually need to install 3.0/3.5,
you can then go to the site and re-enable that particular update.  I'll also
give an 'all clear' if I get word that MS has fixed whatever issues that
update has with certain systems.

    Incidentally, it's going down to 17 tonight and they're talking about at
least a half foot of snow.  Wanna trade?    ;)

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org