-=PCTechTalk=- Re: my new car is a spy

  • From: "nightsneak1" <nightsneak1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:32:48 -0400

Billy,

These have actually been installed in GM or Saturn US cars since 1996 and
are mostly used for accident reconstruction.

They are called Black Boxes for cars. While privacy advocates see all kinds
of smoke and mirrors, which may very well be true eventually, they actually
have a usefulness in accidents, etc., just like in airplanes. For a wide
range of ideas and information concerning them, do a google search on "black
box" +car

A good site on explanations is:
http://www.seniormag.com/headlines/blackboxcars.htm

nightsneak