-=PCTechTalk=- Re: mike Re: MAILWASHER

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:58:07 -0800

Hi Faythe,
I'm still using the beta Mailwasher 2
It was the last beta before it went Gold (final)

Here is the link to Mailwasher FAQ;
http://www.firetrust.com/support/pro/faq.php?section=3Dmiscellaneous

You need to install Mailwasher onto your computer so that it does
not need to be run from the CD.
If your friend just copied the program to the disk it may not have the
installer files on the CD.

Check the Computer magazines in the local supermarket market
/computers tore/ books store etc.

They frequently have free software CD's included.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 2/15/2005 at 4:27 PM Al & Faythe wrote:

thanks Mike,
but I can not seem to get these options to work.
I am use=3Ding an older version of mailwasher ( a friend sent me a copy of=
 the
still free older version) and the only way I can get it to work is to keep
the CD in the driver ( which I worry will burn out the driver ?)
I've tried adding spam addresses to the blacklist & I also add friends to
the friends list, but if I try to make any rules with an address or words,
then it lists most friends as "possible spam"
so I know I must be doing something wrong...
I need a simple program. It will be a big hassle to change my email address
at this point. and I do use a yahoo address for  any online transactions...
try to be cautious, hubby forgets most times & he does most of the online
shopping... not me ...
I don't have the luxury of another monitor & we are on a 'fixed' disability
income, so I try to use reliable free programs when I can...
I don't do much other than email to friends & little bit of surfing.. but
all this spam is taking the enjoyment out of computing :(

thanks for the advice,
Faythe