-=PCTechTalk=- Re: microsoft office 2007

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 22:41:31 -0500

What font name and size does it default to?  Mine starts up using 11 pt
Calibri font.  It doesn't look big at all, but I don't remember if the older
versions used 10 or 12 pt font as default.  Oh wait, are you talking about
the displayed size or the actual font size in pt (point)?  Ok, I'm really
confused now... I just opened some old docs and they don't look any
different than the newer 2007 docs.  If Word 2007 is defaulting to a font
that is too large for your liking then change it in the default template
(normal.dotx).  Oh, actually the following site has a better way for Word
2007.  http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahtk.html  And at the beginning it states that
the default font in Word 2000 to 2003 is 12 point Times New Roman and the
default font in Word 2007 is 11 point Calibri.  This means that the font in
the 2007 version is actually smaller than the older default.

BTW, if you are interested in having Word 2007 default to saving new docs as
.doc instead of the new .docx, then follow directions at the following site.
Since this fix is a registry change, as usual be VERY careful and backup the
registry before making changes.
http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/07/word-2007-how-to-turn-compatibility.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/apfrbk