-=PCTechTalk=- Re: internet explorer

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cristy <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:47:12 -0700

Opera is a completely independent browser.  It has tabs which I think is very,
very good feature.  It has a great many other features that IE doesn't have.
By
being an independent browser (meaning it has it's own engine code, not MS
code),
it is also less susceptible to viruses, etc.
Check it out here:

http://www.opera.com/

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
    Cincinnati, Ohio
 Scottsdale, Arizona
 ==========<[0]>===========
 Sunday  1/22/2006  3:44:32 PM

 Drinking makes some husbands see double and feel single......

==========<[O]>==========
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:26:25 -0500, cristy wrote:
|  Hi Keyboard,
|
|  Well I like the name of it "opera" since I studied opera in
|  college ;)  but can you or someone tell me what the pro's and
|  con's of using a browser like opera are compared to IE just
|  because IE is the only one I ever used before.
|
|  Thanks,
|
|  Christine

| |
|  |
| |  I do, however, need to get it working! there are some specific
| |  web sites that I visit for my hobby, that I can only view and
| |  download with Internet explorer.
| |
|  |
| |  Does anyone have any ideas of what to do about IE? If I re-
| |  install it, does it re-install OE? and do I lose my messages? I
| |  know there isn't a repair for OE - is this true of IE also?
| |
|  |
| |  Cris
|  |
|  |
| |  --
| | <Please delete this line and everything below.>
|  |
| |  To unsub or change your email settings:
| |  //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
|  |