-=PCTechTalk=- Re: ie Security Warning not coming up

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:07:17 +0100

On 12 Apr 2005 at 11:19, Judith wrote:
> The block says:
>
> To help protect your security, IE has restricted this file from
> showing active content that could access your computer.  Click
> here for options....
>
> And to get rid of it, I click on the X

OK, yup, seen that one a few times. Looks like the pop-up blocker.

> I have Win XP home and I see no reason why this warning should
> show internally (i.e. files on my hard drive) and not externally
> (files on the Internet).

There's a very good reason. It IS normally a security risk for
scripts to run from people's hard drives. Usually it's a virus or
trojan that runs them, and that's what either your browser, or
another part of Windows, is assuming. Like you said, the pages run OK
in Firefox, so it's most likely an IE-specific setting that needs to
be changed.

If you send one of your problem HTML files to the mods' address, I'll
take a look at it:
pctechtalk-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Faustus