-=PCTechTalk=- Re: how? laptop settings to print

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:11:27 -0500

Is no firewall a big deal? Yes.

In your case, you have the router which protects you as well. I would
still prefer the use of a software firewall, to assist in blocking
outgoing as well as incoming.

The firewall shouldn't be blocking the network. Well, actually, it could
block access to the network, but that just means that its not set up
right. I don't use Kerio, so I can't help much on that. Maybe someone
with Kerio can help you. But... check in the settings. Skim through
them. See if you can see anything regarding the local zone or your
network. For example, for ZoneAlarm, it is very easy to accidentally
block network access.

---Troth