-=PCTechTalk=- Re: hardware configuration error on boot

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:36:49 -0400

Dive

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:34 AM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: hardware configuration error on boot

> You didn't comment on my idea it might be a
> controller issue.  Does that sound as logical to you as it does to me?

That's only because it was still premature to look at that.  If the drive
shuffling doesn't seem to help, update your mobo chipset drivers &/or
controller driver (some are combined with chipset).

> Not just quick.  But darn good too!  ;-)           If there was a second
> controller, there would be a second set of 4 connectors, yes?  When my
> new cables get here I will play musical hard drives  and put what will
> be the boot drive on connector 1,  the second hard drive on connector 2
> and the DVD on three.  If I ever upgrade the power supply and video card
> I will add a blue ray player and put it on connector 4.

Most secondary controllers only sport two SATA ports and they are sometimes
very separated (one near the front of the mobo for an internal, one near the
back for an external or eSATA connection), but still regulated by a single
secondary controller chip on the mobo.  Every time I've seen it, these
secondary ports were color coded differently than tht emain controller's
ports.  However, I've also never seen a board with four different colors for
the main SATA ports, so ... .

in the Subject.