-=PCTechTalk=- Re: file association for pictures

  • From: G <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:10:16 -0400

Sandi,
   I didn't see a reply to this, so I'm providing one.  If the problem has
already been solved, please kindly disregard.        ;O}

   Click on one of the image files once to highlight it.  Press and hold
the Shift key (either one) and right click on the same file to bring up its
context menu.  Since you're holding down the Shift key, one of the items
will be "Open with".  Select that one, let go of the Shift key, scroll
through the list and click on the app that you wish to use for that type of
image, place a check next to the line near the bottom of the window that
says something to the effect of "Always use this program for files of this
type" and then click on the Ok button.  From now on, images of that
particular type (JPG, GIF, etc.) will use the app you chose.  If your
associations for ALL types of images has gone haywire, you might do better
to look through the Options/Settings/Preferences of the app in question to
see if there's a way to associate it with all of those filetypes in one
shot.  Most of them sport this feature.         :O)

Peace,
GMan