-=PCTechTalk=- Re: donRe: MAILWASHER

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:28:47 -0600

Faythe--I, too, live in the boonies of rural Kansas and have dial up.  I was
having your problem and it just seemed to get worse as time went on.  My ISP
is local and they also provide tech support and build computers.  Anyway I
complained (practically spammed them) repeatedly.  They talked me into going
with a clean install of Win XP and I have not had a bit of trouble since.  I
don't know why that would help but it worked for me.
I would be getting my e-mail and off would go the connection and then I
would get all that mail again and woe to me if someone sent an attachment or
something with lots of graphics and music.
For what it's worth, this is what solved my problem.
Joyce