-=PCTechTalk=- Re: dialup wont let me close down

Its been a long time since I used a dialup connection, so be wary.....

IIRC A terminal program, maybe Hyperterminal if you use windows, or a
proprietary one from your ISP, connects to your ISP, you then use whatever
browser or email client you want to use.

For a successful termination of the connection you should first complete any
active data transfers, then close your browser and/or email client and/or
other programs using the connection and then close the terminal program.

I THINK there is a setting in IE and OE to automatically connect when opened
and to automatically disconnect and close the terminal program when closed.

Don