-=PCTechTalk=- Re: desktop- msbb.exe

  • From: "Fowler, Craig L" <craig.fowler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 06:26:35 +1100

Catching up on mail here.
I felt I should throw my 2 cents in here.
I unchecked something called msbb.exe (this file was talked about in the
group recently as being spyware) and when I rebooted after making the
change, my PC would not completely start up.  It would freeze, grunt,
restart and go black.  I had to end up reformatting my drive.  I had tried
everything (safe mode etc) to get my PC started but by removing this file
from the startup, it stuffed something up.
Sorry I don't have more specific details but this was about 2 years ago when
I was using WIN98.
Just wanted to warn ya.

CR@!G