-=PCTechTalk=- Re: computer shutdown question

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:40:39 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Thanks Glo,
Appreciate the information.

Jo Ann

ok  JoAnn, this was his reply:  "it depends on the chipsets on the mobo and
also the specifications of the manufacturer."  This seems to be more or less
the same thing Troth mentioned, that it's a BIOS setting.  We're getting out
of my league here; I have a chip set, crystal, big bowl & little bowl for
chips and dip. :o)  My computer is a 6 yr. old HP, I'm running W-ME, I NEVER
hibernate and it shuts itself off after telling me I may do so, just like
yours.
You know all that BIOS stuff, don't you?  Sorry I couldn't help better ~Glo