-=PCTechTalk=- Re: computer freezing--wireless

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:38:47 -0400

Two different subjects, Sandi.  You will not lose the ability to use Gmail
through OE.  Both are independent of your ISP and will continue to work (and
you can go and create more Gmail accounts as needed).

What WILL stop is your ability to use the addy supplied by your ISP and that
means, well, I'm not sure what it means.  As Lil pointed out, the insistance
on a paid-for email addy is relatively new and is the merchant's way of
trying to weed out bad buyers.  If you alreayd have an account with a
merchant, log onto their site and update your info to point to your Gmail
addy.  Having it already on file will go a long way towards them not pushing
you for an ISP-supplied one.

On the other hand, if you find a merchant that refuses to accept a Gmail
addy from you and you simply MUST make your purchase through them, you'll
find that you can buy an email addy through numerous suppliers.  I have no
way of knowing how effectively this would get through the newer purchasing
rules at those sites that enforce it.

Peace,
Gman