-=PCTechTalk=- Re: backing a system up

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:14:19 -0500

If you're going to use something to back up the whole system, you can
technically just backup the entire Quicken program, as the account info is
right in the Quicken directory. On the other hand, you can find the Quicken
file that needs to be backed up by just looking in the directory. It'll have
your account name right in it. For example, I call the file "Charlie" so its
something like "charlie.xxx". I think there's more than one file per
account. I personally backup the entire directory, but that's just me. PLUS,
since my finances are so very important, I keep as second backup. Every time
I add an entry in Quicken, before I close, I hit the BACKUP option in
Quicken. No need for any knowledge on this one. Hit BACKUP at the top, tell
it where to back it up, and it happens. If you ever need to restore, its
FILE > RESTORE (or something like that). I'm a pro on the Quicken stuff, as
I've been using it for about 5 years now. So, if you want specifics on the
file names, I can look at it when I get home and tell you. BUT... you'll
never go wrong with Quicken if you backup the entire directory.

---Troth