-=PCTechTalk=- Re: audio encoders and decoders "Lame" program

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:02:11 -0500

Thanks Chris.

I know "plug ins" are like extras for programs you can use for things or may
need them to use parts of the program.  Just curiuos if anyone knows, would
a "codec" like for movie files (mpeg, rm, and so on) be like a "plug in"?  I
know you need certain ones for certain players to play different movie
formats.  I am taking a digital audio course now at school and soon to be
taking one on the digital visual/movies and all.

I guess I am trying to compare the two terms "plug in" and "codec".

Thanks,
christy