-=PCTechTalk=- Re: audio encoders and decoders "Lame" program

Hi.

The Lame encoder is like a plugin. Once it is on your machine then an audio
program will use the lame encoder to encode any wav file to mp3.

I have used Wavelab as my audio editor since it first came out, and as it's
so good I hardly bother with any other programs.

On Wavelab once you have a wav file open in the program, you choose 'save as
(encode)' from the file menu and it then lists all your encoders and the
choice of formats you can save to.

I imagine most audio programs are similar - and I'm sure you could find a
free audio program on sourceforge that will do what you need.

Sourceforge is a brilliant resource for free programs that can do all sorts
of things and I encourage everyone to have a look around and most of you
will find programs on there that would be worth having on your machines
http://www.sourceforge.net

Regards

Chris
chris@xxxxxxxxxx