-=PCTechTalk=- Re: audio encoders and decoders "Lame" program

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:39:02 -0800

Go here and download program -- it's free and easy to do:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

But  before you do go to this page and read the tutorial on
converting wave to mp3 with this program:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/tutorials

I did and now I can use this program easily.  The lame encoder
is a dll file you download, unzip and put into the plug in
folder after you have audacity installed

Judith
_______________

HI,

Is anyone on the list very familiar with the "Lame" encoder
program for
windows?  I understand it converts wave files to mp3 etc.. but
still
confused about how it works exactly.  I looked up a tutorial on
google but
am still confused about how to convert a wave file.

Thanks,
christy