-=PCTechTalk=- Re: accessing old hardrive emails

  • From: "suzanne" <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:50:33 -0600

hey Geraldine... the import function probably was only seeing your C
drive...  here is a cool trick that I learned from our dear nightsneak...

first - as you don't say what OS you are using - do a search for all files
named *.dbx* on your D drive, write down the path down where these are
found... or remember it

open OE6 from your new installation, go to *tools*, select *options*, click
on the *maintenance* tab.  click the *store folder* button towards the
bottom, this will bring up a box that will let you browse to the path of
your old OE dbx files on drive D.  you will have to close OE and reopen to
see your old mail.

hth

~s

----- From: "Geraldine" <jezzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

: that didn't work Terry..When I asked   it to find  the messages in outlook
: express on the D drive, I just got an error saying there were no files
: etc.But thank you anyway. If I go to the D drive and  ask to open Outlook
: express5, it brings up the Outlook express6 on my C drive.