-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wireless

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:35:14 -0400

Sandi,
    I'm not surprised by this.  I just took a close look at a message you
had sent to me privately and found this in the headers.

* The '.x.x' part of your IP above is my own edit to help preserve your
privacy.

    This shows that your dial-up email authentication has been going
through, but only because they didn't really have a reason to doubt it was
coming from you.  Now that your Phillipsburg posts are coming into the
Phillipsburg server through another server, they have a very good reason for
doubting it.  The cure here would be to call Phillipsburg and ask them how
you can use your regular account to send messages when you're stuck on a
laptop away from home using someone else's connection.  The reply you should
get is that you need to set up Authentication in your email client and they
should guide you through the process of doing just that.  I would do it
myself, but different servers need different types on authentication and I
wouldn't want to guess what they prefer.

Peace,
Gman