-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wireless

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 06:10:03 -0400

While workingon a 1 1/2 month old install, I realized I had done something
nearly irreversable that I shouldn't have done (I'm always experimenting
with my own system and this is not related to the blow up).  I had made a
single full backup shortly after installing WinXP and I created an
incremental one after getting my main apps all set up about a week later.  I
decided to restore back to that incremental one.  I opened up ATIH 11, told
it to restore that image and let it rip.  It explained that it would need to
reboot out of Windows in order to continue (which I knew) and I told it to
proceed.  It rebooted and all I got was a black screen with the words
"Starting Acronis Loader ..." with a flashing cursor at the end.  I went to
do something else and when I came back about an hour later, it was still
sitting there doing nothing.

Seems there's something about at least one of the pieces of hardware on my
system that doesn't get along with the Acronis Boot Loader.  I tried it on a
different system before putting it on here, so I know it works great.  It
just doesn't like my main system for some reason.      lol

I'm moving right along in getting a new install up and ready for action.
About half of the more difficult items are installed and set up already.

Peace,
Gman