-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wireless

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:34:48 -0400

Sandi,
    Congrats on the new toy and welcome to the world of the quicker
download!      :O)

    As long as you aren't about to cancel out your dial-up (at least not
yet), there's nothing you need to do about your old addy (which will remain
your addy until you are no longer a Phillipsburg customer).  Your preferred
email program should still be able to download and upload messages to and
from that server just like before, except that it will happen much faster
than you've been used to witnessing.  There is a chance that the old addy is
not working properly due to you going through someone else's server to
retrieve that email, but that can easily be fixed (again, as long as the
Phillipsburg account is still in force).  Let me know what's going on there.

    I'm a little confused about you requesting a nex-techwireless.com addy
already as I was under the impression that this was only a test to see what
kind of service you would get using their system.  To get an email addy from
them would normally take a contract.  So, I now have to guess that they had
you sign a contract before they would let you test their service.  Let me
know if that's true.

    Finally, I didn't received this post directly from you for some strange
reason.  I saw it as part of Judith's reply to you and had to snip her part
out in order to reply more directly to you.  I'm now very curious to see if
I was the only one who didn't receive the original through the group.

Peace,
Gman