-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows Media Player..

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dr. Benway" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:26:23 -0500

WMP 11 is out of beta........it's officially released.  It will not load on
your computer unless:
A)  You validate your Windows
B)  You have a "media" version of Windows.

Item B bugs me as I have WMP 10 on this computer but no Media version of XP --
hence it will not load here.  My laptop has XP media and it loaded fine.  The
old V 10 stays valid and also works.  I'd like to get rid of 10 but it doesn't
show in the list of programs to add/delete???

WMP 11 works well so far - I watched a Chris Botti live concert on it last
night.  The interface is cleaner.  Other than that I don't have much to add on
it yet.

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
 Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
 Wednesday, 11/1/2006, @ 11:22:28 AM EST
 Fear of death will not prevent dying ? but it will prevent living.

 -- Anonymous

==================|:o:|==================

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 07:08:40 -0800 (PST), Dr. Benway wrote:
[-]   Hi, I know that 11 is the Vista beta version of WMP so
[-]   it is a beta much like everything MS puts out. I do
[-]   know there is no iPod compatibility on it if you need
[-]   that sort of thing. M$ thinks you don't. I do not use
[-]   it myself and if your version of WMP isn't broken I
[-]   would stay with it. It is XP compatible however - you
[-]   do not need Vista.
[-]
[-]   --- HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx wrote:
[-]
[-]  [-]   Hello all,
[-]  [-]   I have WMP for XP. WMP ver. 10 and 11 are
[-]  [-]   available. If I download
[-]  [-]   either, should I expect any config conflicts? I'm
[-]  [-]   usually leary of installing
[-]  [-]   upgrades or new programs, so I try to get smarter
[-]  [-]   beforehand.
[-]  [-]   Thanks,
[-]  [-]
[-]
[-]   "A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through." Robert
Hunter
[-]
[-]
[-]
 Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
(http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)
[-]
[-]   --
[-]   <Please delete this line and everything below.>
[-]
[-]   To unsub or change your email settings:
[-]   //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
[-]
[-]   To access our Archives:
[-]   //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/