-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows 98/Vista

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:09:24 -0800

Hello Bervery,
Vista has a compatibility mode to allow you to run older programs.

I found this info by putting  compatibility mode
in the help and support Search box
-=-=-
Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Most programs written for Windows XP also work in this version of Windows,
but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. If a program
written for an earlier version of Windows doesn't run correctly, use the
Program Compatibility Wizard to change the compatibility settings for the
program. To change settings for a program manually, use the individual
program's Compatibility tab.
-=-=-=-

How is the Program Compatibility Assistant different from the Program
Compatibility Wizard?
"The Program Compatibility Assistant is an automatic feature of Windows
that runs when it detects an older program has a compatibility problem. The
Program Compatibility Wizard is a tool you can run manually on a program if
you notice compatibility issues.
For more information, see
"Start the Program Compatibility Wizard" is a hyper link and will open it.

You "may" be able to Dual boot Win 98 and Vista but I don't
know of any sites for that one.

IHTH

Mike the mod