-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows 98 Logon

  • From: Glen <glbbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:40:50 -0800 (PST)

In windows 95,98 and ME the logon screen is only for
profiles.

So each person can have their own profiles, and
prefences.
This is basically for windows background, themes,
screensavers and default programs for  the
individual.
No security what so ever.

If you want security you need an NFTS type OS for
windows. Windows 2000 or XP.

There is some programs out there that can lock windows
98 with a password. If that person doesn't have a
password, then no access to the OS.

Glen