-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Way to save my monitor settings?

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:59:38 -0400

Rudy,
    Depending on the drivers for your video card, you just "might" be in
luck, my friend.

    Right click on a blank area of the Desktop and select Properties from
the context menu.  Click on settings and then Advanced to get to the special
tabs provided by your card's driver.  In nearly all cases where a dedicated
video card is present, you'll see all of the default tabs (General, Adapter,
Monitor, Troubleshoot and Color Management).  Any additional tabs you see
were put there by the card's driver.  There "may" be a setting under one of
those tabs for saving your preferences to a file on your hard drive.  Bear
in mind that it may be somewhat hidden in one of the buttons (advanced
options, perhaps) found on one of those tabs.  Unfortunately, your card is
made by ATI while mine is nVidia, so I don't have the means to direct you
better than that.  Perhaps another member running Radeon drivers will chime
in with more info on this.

Peace,
GMan

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"