-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Warning

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:10:30 -0500

I think that this will be the way most people will avoid the virus - most will
come in from unrecognized people - so most people will just dump them -
hopefully !!
It seems when the viruses are coming in at such a fast rate, the anti-virus
software will pick most up, but not all. And the anti-virus definitions need to
be updated often!! I've gone to the symantec site to download their definitions
that aren't critical enough for them to put out as a live update. It's worth the
few extra minutes for me to be sure I have the most up to date protection.
Cris
From: Christina Simonds <christina@xxxxxxxxxx>   [Add to Address Book]  Flag
Message   |   Mark Unread
To: alienkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:    Virus Found in message "HELLO"
Date:    Jan 28, 2004 11:59 AM
Attachments:    winmail.dat
Norton AntiVirus found a virus in an attachment you (alienkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
sent
to Christina Simonds.

To ensure the recipient(s) are able to use the files you sent, perform a
virus
scan
on your computer, clean any infected files, then resend this attachment.

Virus name: W32.Novarg.A@mm
Action taken:  Clean failed : Quarantine succeeded :
File status:  Infected